Simple diet / eating plan tips.
Eat this, no eat that, drink this, no drink that, do this, no do that. The information keeps coming.
Feeling confused? There is a lot of advice out there. I encourage you to keep it simple.
Read on for a list of 20 simple diet / eating plan tips.
- Stay off the energy dense sugar rich drinks.
- Drink water, sometimes thirst is mistaken for hunger.
- Try not to eat after dinner and if you need to snack choose wisely.
- Enjoy your favourite foods in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
- Eat three main meals as snacks as needs.
- Try and include protein at each major meal.
- Use spices and fresh herbs to add flavour to your meals.
- Plan and prepare so you have healthy foods on hand.
- Aim to fill your plate with 50% veg.
- Eat breakfast, breakfast equates to break the fast.
- Include fibre in your daily eating plan.
- Do not keep tempting energy rich less healthy foods in the cupboards.
- If you are trying to lose weight, break down your goals, it will take time.
- Losing weight, want to keep tabs on your weight, then only weigh yourself once each week.
- Get good quality sleep, research indicates those with poor sleep have a higher BMI.
- Know your portion sizes. If you do not, it is easy to overeat.
- Always eat your recommended serve of daily fruit and veg.
- Limit stimulants like coffee and alcohol, ensure you have 3 alcohol days each week.
- Consider a food diary, many of over-estimate what we eat and are shocked when we have to write it down.
- See food as a adventure of the senses, of taste, smell, texture and touch.
Yes there is more I can tell you however take these as a great starting point. The path to healthy eating and living is a journey, take one step at a time and reward and acknowledge your progress.
Enjoy your food.